The library has adequate number of texts books, reference books, encyclopedias, journals, newspapers, a reading room, internet facility and power back up system. All the books are also kept in digitalized form so that it provides easy access to the students and the faculty members. The library has a library assistant who looks after the books and provide due information regarding the books. He assists the students in searching for the right one. The previous year’s question papers are preserved in the library so that the students get information regarding the question format of University examinations. There are few books in the departmental libraries as well maintained and monitored by the teachers themselves for the help of the students.
The College has got Digitized library for benefiting students
Main Library– The College library utilizes a space of 946sq.ft. and has a separate reading room to facilitate easy and effective study. The Library is well ventilated and consists of 10,700 books, reference books, encyclopedias; journals etc.The library is computerized and has INFLIBNET facility for the students as well as staff. There is Complete Accession Numbering System and Cataloguing of all books and user friendly Multi Digit Alpha Numeric Decimal based numbering system according to latest 22nd edition of Dewy System. There are also Departmental Libraries where manual monitoring is done by the teachers and books are given to the students in need. Adjacent to the Library is the Reading Room for the students and staff so that they can read peacefully whenever they feel like.
The College also offers
- Internet Facility
- Central Computing Facility
- Online Journals
- One Central Library with well stocked books with INFLIBNET facility and other Departmental Libraries with few books for the students.
- Departmental Libraries
- Reading room facilities in library
- Internet and Wi-Fi facility
The library has an Advisory Committee, the composition of which is as follows:
Chairperson : Dr. Juran Ali Mandal ( In charge Principal)
Convener : Dr. Debajyoti Mondal (Department of Bengali), Biswajit Kundu (Department of Bengali)
Librarian : Manik Chandra Khan (Temporary)
Library Clerk : Sahadeb Bauri
Members : Chayanika Roy (Department of English), Munmun Banerjee (Department of Geography)
- Working on it to make it user-friendly.
- Installation of latest technology for cataloging of books.
- Subscribing online journals for the students.
- To consider all matters, the Chief Librarian brings to its notice regarding Library functions and service and suggests ways to improve.
- Maintaining discipline in the library.
- To promote students – staff interaction to resolve any difficulties.
- To promote quantitative and qualitative use of facilities.