For Programme or Pass Course: H.S. / Equivalent Exam Passed in 2021, 2020 and 2019
Honours Degree Course: All candidates who have obtained at least 45% marks in 10+2 examination are eligible to apply for the Honours Degree Course.
Programme Course: All pass candidates are eligible to apply for the General Degree course.
The Candidates who have passed the Vocational Course at 10+2 examination are eligible for admission to B.A. (General)/ B.Com. (Honours & General).
In case of equal marks in H.S. results, total marks/percentage of marks of immediately preceding
examination is to be taken into account for ranking.
Best five (5) of the H.S. Subjects must be adopted for calculating the total marks and percentage.
- Students who have passed Vocational Engineering and Technology (with pass marks in Mathematics) equivalent to 10+2 are eligible for admission to Computer Science and in Pure Science or Arts in the General Course in the First Semester. Those who have passed without Mathematics or without securing pass marks in Mathematics are eligible for admission to Arts in the General Course.
- Students who have passed Vocational Agriculture equivalent to 10+2 are eligible for admission to Science or Arts in the General Course.
- Students who have passed Vocational Business and Commerce equivalent to 10+2 are eligible for admission to Commerce or Arts and Commerce (Honours).
- Students who have passed Vocational Home Science equivalent to 10+2 are eligible for admission to Arts in the General Course.
- Students who have passed in the Vocational Course are eligible to First Semester in the subject concerned in the college in 10% seats out of total number of seats on the basis of highest marks scored. In this case, they will have to score higher marks than the lowest marks scored by a candidate from the general board appearing in the list of successful candidates.
- Seat distribution conforming to government rules.
- Mathematics is compulsory in HS for choosing mathematics in UG Programme Course.
- For Hons. – subjects are English, Bengali, Geography, History, Philosophy & Sanskrit. For Hons
one Hons subject and one Generic subject are to be chosen in the UG SEM – I.
- Generic subject for the Hons. Students should be one of the following other than the concerned Hons subject: English, Bengali, Geography, History, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Pol. Science, Economics, Mathematics, Education.
- For programme – Subjects are English, Bengali, Geography, History, Pol. Science, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Economics, Mathematics, Education, Physical Education. Any two of these subjects are to be chosen by a programme student.
- Subject combination for B.Sc. course in the College: B.Sc. (Hons.) – Geography , B.Sc. (Prog) – Geography, Mathematics, Economics. Any two of the above three courses are to be chosen by student for B.Sc. Programme Course
10. The subject Physical Education cannot be opted as a Generic subject with any Hons. Course. It can only be opted in the Programme course.
Other than the above points, Online Admission process is to be conducted considering the following modalities as per state Govt. Order dated 13.07.2021 No.706- Edn(CS)/10M-95/14
On-line admission process should be done based on merit. Prospective students should not becalled for counseling or verification of documents during the process of admission. No physical presence will be
required at the colleges / university.
Eligible applicants should be informed directly by the college authorities through SMS /telecommunication.
Payment of fees should be done only through e-payment and not physically at the colleges. All testimonials (Admit card & Marksheet of Madhyamik Examination, Marksheet of H.S Examination, Caste Certificate, PH certificate where necessary, Recent Colour Passport Size Photo and Signature) are required to be uploaded online during application.Verification of documents, if required, should be done only when the students report for theclasses in due course. Admission will be cancelled if the documents are found not in conformity with the declaration in the forms submitted on-line.