The aim of the college is to ensure optimum utilisation of the inherent potentiality of the students, promoting innovation and change, and linking education to emerging career patterns. The college emphasizes more on viability and equalisation of educational opportunities for weaker section of the society, particularly the schedule caste (S.C.), schedule tribe (S.T.), women and those belonging to educationally backward section More>>
Gobinda Prasad Mahavidyalaya was established in 1985 to pay homage to the sacred memory of Late Gobinda Prasad Singha, an eminent freedom fighter and social worker of Bankura District, with a noble purpose of extending higher education among the poor and backward people of the locality.The college was granted temporary affiliation by the University of Burdwan on 20.09.1985 which approved its permanent affiliation on 30.08.1988. More>>
- To promote a congenial and eco-friendly environment within the precincts of the college.
- The College websitehttps://www.gpm.ac.in gives adequate information about the functioning of the college. Moreover the college publishes a prospectus wherein lies the detailed academic chores.
- Activities planned by the Students’ Union, Faculty, Staff are well connected towards promoting healthy aura and brings about socio-economic changes in and around the nearest vicinity.
- To reach to the mass thereby enlightening the deprived sections of the society, the first generations learners.
- To minimize the number of drop-outs and to bring them to the mainstream of academics by trying to address their problems especially the girl students.
- Gobinda Prasad College is an outcome of the pains and sacrifices undertaken by the revolutionary Gobinda Singha and taking this in regard the college aspires to achieve the highest with limited members and resources.
- To promote holistic education by inculcating academic, social, economic and moral support to the students.
- To give equal opportunities to every sections of students, viz, SC/ST/OBC/PH and other economically backward students.
- Through its practice of personal support and development, extraordinary student success and its dynamic, innovative programmes the institution seeks to maximize the potential of the students preparing them for their future vocational endeavors, higher studies and the global community.
- To provide quality higher education to students.
- To provide inclusive education for all.
- To cater to the social/academic/global needs of the students.
- To promote skill based knowledge and entrepreneurship qualities to the students.
- To nurture social awareness and responsibilities among students so that they become responsible citizens in the days ahead.
- To cultivate in the students the ability to think critically and creatively, communicate effectively, reason quantitatively and understand and appreciate different points of view within a diverse community.